CONTENT CREATION (PAID) INTERNSHIPS AT JIGSAW INFORMATICS (SANTA CLARA, CA)
Jigsaw Informatics (www.jigsaw.info), located in Santa Clara, is seeking a few talented, driven, articulate college students (18+) for paid internships this summer to serve as hand-on evangelists for its recently launched iOS app, ZapVM (www.zapvm.com). In particular, Jigsaw wants you and your iPhone (iPad or iPod touch) to seek out opportunities with local organizations, businesses, etc. and create video messages, presentations and other content with ZapVM that they can use on their websites and social media sites. Jigsaw would also like to be able to use the created media and these accounts as references and examples.
In addition, Jigsaw would like you to create Zap Reviews for things you do this summer and share them (appropriately). You’ll work directly with our Marketing Manager to discuss your ideas and then you’ll be responsible for getting out in the world and creating great content.
We also want you to give us insight into our app, and help us improve it.
This is a great opportunity to get a real, hands-on experience with a tech start-up doing leading edge app development and a great way to hone your skills in content creation and marketing. As a paid intern at Jigsaw, you’ll have direct access to the key decision makers in the company and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
- 18+ and qualified to work in these United States!
- Own or have access to an iOS 7 device you can use to make Zap Video Messages
- Outgoing personality and good communication skills—with the ability to create compelling content that uses pictures and narration for others—either scripted or extemporaneous
- Social savvy and ready, willing and able to use a new iPhone (iOS 7) app
- Solid experience using your iOS 7 device including photo, messaging and social media apps
- A working car or access to one, a valid driver’s license and insurance—or a real love of mass transit
Highly Desired: You should have interests that you can turn into compelling content:
- An animal lover interested in pets and pet adoptions and rescue (make Zap Videos for pet shelters)
- A volunteer who wants to help local organizations promote their fund raising or other events using Zap Videos
- A marketing/communications expert who wants to help businesses enhance their websites and social media presence with Zap Videos
- A DIY type who can help others create instructional DIY videos for business, home or other using Zap VM
- An amateur chef that wants to showcase recipes using Zap Videos (make Zap Videos of your favorite recipes)
- A journalist who wants to document local or world events or review events using Zap Videos to highlight or promote their stories or blogs
- A reviewer who wants to review locations, events and services around the Bay Area on Yelp, G+ or other
- A trendsetter in fashion, style and beauty who wants to use ZapVM to share their flare with a broad audience
- Other interests? Pitch us on your passion.
1) Download ZapVM from the App Store (visit www.getzap.com for a shortcut) to your iOS device.
2) Make one or more interesting Zap Videos on one or more of the topics listed above and tell us, in a Zap Video, why you’re the right person for the job!
3) Email the Zap Videos and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “CC Intern 2014” in the subject line of your email.
About Jigsaw Informatics
Jigsaw Informatics, Inc. (www.jigsaw.info) is a well-seasoned, fun-loving, hard-working group of Silicon Valley startup veterans. Located in Santa Clara, CA, we develop mobile device software applications, infrastructure and accessories that enable consumers and businesses to easily create, annotate, edit, manage, store, archive and share rich, interactive multimedia messages and other datasets that uniquely and concisely document important information, events, people and objects.
MECHANICAL AND INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 2014 INTERNSHIP
Jigsaw Informatics (www.jigsaw.info), located in Santa Clara, CA, is seeking one (1) talented, driven, articulate college student (18+) for a paid internship this fall (and possibly beyond) to help design and productize a new Jigsaw smart phone accessory that we lovingly call the Jigsaw “Gadget 1”.
We’re looking for someone who can take our existing prototype and help us get it into production. Along the way, we will likely want to tweak the industrial design for enhanced ergonomics and volume manufacturing using injection molded plastics. We use 3D printing for prototyping.
The ideal person would be skilled in MCAD tools (we currently use NX 8.5) and be knowledgeable in techniques used for component fabrication using 3D printing and injection molding processes. A knowledge and passion for ergonimics and industrial design would be a real plus too. Good communication skills, ability to meet schedules, and work as part of a dynamic, yet zany startup team is essential.
This is a great opportunity to get a real, hands-on experience with a tech start-up doing leading edge consumer electronics product development and a great way to hone your skills in design, CAD and manufacturing. As a paid intern at Jigsaw, you’ll have direct access to the key decision makers in the company and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
The Jigsaw MCAD & ID Intern will be expected to “own” the ME (and possibly ID) responsibilities of the Gadget 1 project and help Jigsaw 1) enhance the 3D printed prototypes with feedback that comes from testing and marketing, 2) help select the injection molding volume plastics manufacturer for the Gadget 1 production, 3) create and tweak the design files for the volume production first articles, 4) refine the product based on Q/A feedback, and 5) start working on the next products and version(s).
Day to day tasks will include 1) discussing and reviewing feedback on ergonomics, manufacturing and assembly issues, cost reductions (always), product enhancements, etc., 2) incorporating approved changes into prototype designs, 3) printing the designs and working with the EE team and Manufacturing to assemble prototypes and get more feedback, 4) working on the volume product designs with the volume manufacturer, 5) receiving and approving first articles, 6) cutting the design in for volume production and 7) starting on the next products!
1) 18+ and qualified to work in the USA
2) Demonstrable skill in MCAD, preferably with your own PC or MAC and your own software able to output popular 3D and 2D formats
3) Experienced with 3D Printing fabrication and techniques ESSENTIAL
4) Experience with injection molding (ABS or polycarbonate more than likely) fabrication and techniques HIGHLY DESIRED
4) Outgoing personality and good communication skills—with the ability to work and collaborate as part of a design team
5) Reliable transportation (to Santa Clara, where our office is located)
*** IMPORTANT*** TO APPLY:
1) Email your resume and links to your portfolio to email@example.com. Be sure to put “MCAD & ID Intern 2014” in the subject line of your email.